It was in 1990 when the women’s ministry was formally organized. The ministry began when the Lord placed a great burden in the heart of Sister Marie Caparros to minister and reach out to women from all walks of life. Sis. Marie believes that women have needs that only other women can meet. With the help and guidance of God, a group of 10 women committed themselves to unite their hearts and efforts in organizing the Women’s Ministry.
The Women’s Ministry is specifically designed for women from all walks of life. Its purpose is to nurture and equip women until they become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. It is also designed to disciple women in becoming God-fearing servants of God, as submissive wives and godly mothers. This method of discipleship is carried out as the women meet weekly in small groups spending their time in prayer, study of the Word and fellowship. These small gatherings, known as the cell groups, aid the women in discovering their spiritual gifts and eventually use these gifts for the edification of the Body of Christ.
We envision women to be mature and continually growing in their relationship with God, becoming more and more effective in their calling as faithful servants of Christ, submissive wives to their husbands and godly mothers to their children.
We envision women to be competent in Christian service drawing people to Jesus, equipped to serve, and be
useful in the body of Christ.
To serve with much passion and zeal, our Master, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and reach out to other women who
are lost, troubled and who desire to grow in the knowledge and in the fear of God.
Specifically the Women’s Ministry was established for the following purpose:
- to become women of prayer and through prayer continually be transformed from glory to glory so that our spiritual influence would increase at home, at church, in the city and nation. (1TH 5:16;COL 4:2; Eph. 6:18;RO 8:26)
- to become women of the Book, who love to study and obey the Bible in every area of teaching. That meditation on biblical truth be the source of our hope and faith. That we continue to grow in the knowledge, grace and fear of God. (Ezra 2:10; 2 Tim.2:15; PS 1:1-2; James 1:22-25)
- to become women totally committed to ministry, whatever our specific role, using every spiritual gift that He has entrusted to us for the expansion of His kingdom. That we may be ablazed with fervor in serving Christ through this ministry. (1 Pet. 4:10)
- for single women, to develop singleness in full devotion to Christ, desiring to be used mightily by God.(1 Tim.5:1)
- for married women, to sincerely support the leadership of our husband as deeply as obedience to Christ will allow and encourage him in fulfilling his God-appointed role as head of the family. (EPH 5:22; COL 3:18;1TI 3:11; TIT 2:3)
- as mothers, to accept responsibility with our husband (or alone if necessary) to raise up godly and God-fearing children. That we may be committed as parents in teaching our children the statutes, commandments, and biblical truths of the Bible. That we may support them in fulfilling their dreams in life, caring and nurturing them until they reach their highest potentials. (PR 22:6; DT 6:4-7)
- in all of our lives, in whatever calling be totally devoted to the glory of God. (EPH 4:1;1 Cor. 10:31)
WHO CAN BE MEMBERS?
All women in the church
- Prayer and Fasting – Every 2nd Saturday of the Month
- Weekly Cell Meetings / Intercession
- Quarterly Meeting of the Core Group
- Evangelistic Activities – Once or twice a year
- Cell Servant’s Training - Once every 2 or 3 years
- Sports-fest and Vacation Bible Study (VBS) - every Summer
- Bundles of Joy / Workers’ Party every December
- Feeding Program for Kids in Buhisan – once a year
- Hospital Visitation
- Seminars/Prayer Retreats
- Fund-Raising Programs for the Construction of the LWCCCII Building
- Joint Cell Group Fellowship and Bonding
OVERSEER: Sis. Marie Caparros
MINISTRY HEAD:Sis. Gemma Lapus (0922-8204280/273-0148)
Lina Shive, Flor Salve, Ann Buenaventura, Nimfa Adequina, Sandy Noel, Bella Dela Pena, Joy Flores, Joy Rafols, Shirley Justoba, Zeny Yu