VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
The Ushering Ministry fully commits to support the mission and vision of the Living Word Christian Churches of Cebu International, Inc. (LWCCCII) and pursue to glorify God by readily extending assistance to the brethren and guests in the most friendly and loving manner without compromising discipline in maintaining an orderly and solemn worship during church services and other activities requiring the services of the ministry.
Meeting and fellowship will be a regular activity as a venue for discipleship, maintain rapport, loving relationships and teamwork for an exceptional execution of tasks. These pursuits are to be undertaken through the guidance and dependence on the power and wisdom of the Holy Spirit.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERESTICS OF A GOOD USHER
- The usher's spiritual relationship with the Lord must be continually growing such that his relationship with his fellowmen becomes exemplary.
- An usher must attend meeting regularly.
- An usher must constantly desire to develop and enhance team spirit among the members of the ministry.
- Friendliness is a very important characteristic of a good usher.
- Other attributes of a good usher are: punctuality, humility, graciousness, kindness, submissiveness, flexibility, cleanness (neat), sensitiveness (alert), faithfulness (dependable), availability, dedicated, poised and most of all, prayerful.
- An usher should be knowledgeable particularly about the church - its faith, worship gathering schedules, workers, outreaches, ministries and facilities.
DUTIES OF THE USHER
Arrival and Departure
- The usher should arrive at the duty site at least fifteen (15) minutes early to pray, to be sure all are ready and early arrivals are made comfortable.
- Conduct brief orientation to those who are coming for the first time.
- In the event of special activities, the usher must be ready to come earlier as required.
- The usher must leave the duty site only when fully satisfied that no further work is needed.
- The usher should greet arrivals in a friendly and cordial manner.
- There should be no extended conversation so as to delay movement.
- Any special request like persons wanting to see the pastor or any other person in the church should be attended promptly but should be passed on to other ushers not assigned for greeting.
- Whenever possible, arrivals should be conducted to the seats nearest the pulpit, the front seats. This must be done with utmost courtesy without hint of coercion.
- The ushers should discourage if not stop movement when prayer is being said or when worship is in progress.
- Conducting to seats may be done before the start of the service, during praise signing, during announcements and while the preacher is moving to the pulpit.
- Arrivals during the sermon should be seated at the back whenever possible but at all times done in such a manner that creates the least disturbance.
- Ushers assigned to spot vacant seats should remain alert at their post at the longest possible time or until they are satisfied that there will be no more arrivals.
- Ushers must observe proper personal hygiene as control/elimination of bad breath and body odor.
- Ushers should not chew gum or any other way call attention to themselves.
- Ushers should wear barong or polo barong while lady usherettes should wear their uniform. Always wear usher's name badges when on duty.
- Be courteous and tactful at all times. Never react to discourtesy or rebuff, instead act in Christian love.
- Avoid favoritism or partiality to anyone.
- Always straighten out any misunderstanding that might arise in the performance of duties.
- Notify the pastor of the presence of an important person.
- Keep children quiet, they are not to walk or run around during service. Request the parents to take crying or loud children out. Reserve seats for parents with infants/toddlers and elderly.
- Know the plan of action in case of emergency or contingency, such as overflow crowd or sudden outburst of emotion. Ushers assigned in the evening fellowship must always carry a flashlight.
- Be alert in spotting intruders particularly pickpockets who may be posing as worshippers.
- Be ready to serve communion elements and be familiar with the proper procedures of serving the
- Be ready to assist those who are assigned at the pulpit or persons rendering special performance offering.
- Be alert for opportunities to witness and share the Good News.
- Be alert and sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Ministry Head: Bro. Nick Aguirre
Tel. No.: 4123488.
Copyright 2002-2013 © Living Word Christian Ministries
Cebu City, Philippines.