The Couple's Ministry was established in August 1995 after a newly-wed couple in the church felt that even though they were Christians, they still needed ministering as couples. They shared this burden to other couples and brought the matter to Pastor Carmelo Caparros which led to the establishment of the ministry. In the next several years, many other couples joined and became part of the regular members.
Through the years, the ministry underwent changes as well as testings, but thanks be to God's abounding grace, the ministry was enabled to take on a form ready to face the challenges and demands of present-day ministering.
THE COUPLES MINISTRY VALUES:
- The supreme authority of the Bible.
- The importance of PRAYER and the study of the Word
- The importance of growing into the likeness of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The importance of understanding God's design for marriage; the biblical view of marriage; not as a contract but a covenant made before God as a permanent, unconditional agreement between two imperfect people and God Himself.
- The importance of understanding that marriage does not ensure a perfect relationship but it requires a lasting and holy relationship of each couple to God, to each other and to their children and other members of the family.
- The importance of continuous learning regarding things about God, marriage, family and children.
- The importance of reaching out to other couples.
We envision couples who regard Scriptures as God's blueprint for marriage, and rely solely on it as the primary source of instruction for a successful marriage.
We envision couples who fully understand the biblical point of view of marriage - - that it is not simply a commitment of two people to each other but a triangle partnership between a man, a woman and God himself.
We envision couples, to fulfill Christ's great commission in Matthew 28, Mark 16 and Acts 1, by being a channel of evangelism and encourage them to reach out to other couples through the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Being an integral part of LWCCCII, our mission is to motivate, develop, and equip couples in the church to fulfill God's blueprint for marriage as contained in Gen.2:24 and in so doing be a channel of God's blessing to other couples.
In the coming years we expect to:
- Open up more small groups
- Conduct evangelistic nights in a couple's setting
- Assist Cebu outreach churches in their couples’ program
- Conduct Seminars for couples in the various outreaches of LWCCCII in the Philippines and even abroad
- Major Programs:
i. Main Studies and Teachings
- Six P's of an Excellent Marriage
- God's Endorsement of Marital Love (Song of Songs)
- Ten Commandments for a Successful Marriage
- Topical Studies on Marriage
- Topical Studies on Parenting
- Every year, at least two evangelistic programs, one for the south group (from Cebu Capitol going south) and another for the north group (from Cebu Capitol going north).
- Every two years, a couple's camp for the couples and their children.
- Every year, a seminar on marriage to be conducted outside the central church
i. Monthly General Fellowship
ii. Intercessory Meeting
iii. Small Groups (Couples Home Cell)
- Small Group Meetings presently in the following locations and on the following days: Fridays and Saturdays: Lapulapu City, Talamban, Cogon - Pardo, Pardo -Proper, Inayagan-Naga, Guadalupe and V Rama
- Intercession and General Fellowship (every first Friday of the month)
- Discipleship (once a month)
- A Night with Mari and Insiang Kaimo (at Odeon theater)
- Couples Love Month Celebration (every year in February)
- A November to Remember (evangelistic night at Villa, Leyson on November of 2006, about 300 were in attendance.
- Mass Wedding at Tubod (an evangelistic marriage ceremony for 3 couples from our Inayagan, Naga outreach, October of 2007) about 100 were in attendance most of whom were unbelievers.
WHO CAN BE MEMBERS?
Primarily, members of LWCCCII; attendees, as well as members of outreach churches